Next Meeting: December 3
Devotional: Pat Lamb
Holiday Shopping Night- Thursday November 29, 6 pm
Meeting at Panera in Fayetteville
Christmas Ladies Breakfast- Sat December 8, 9 am
Theme – Christmas Is…
Kitchen: Pat Lamb
Harp- Joanne; Special Music: Clar
Speaker: Lea Harrington
Sue Troast, Brenda Vanduser
cashiers- Bev Robinson, Laura Zindle
Motion by Sue Troast– proceeds from the auction will go to our Church budget to pay our local Missions that we are behind on.
2nd by Sharlene Nemitz; motion passed unanimously
Book Sale table; used books
Motion by Cindy Centner to give the church back the $100 from the Church for our budget
2nd by Nancy Zecher; Passed unanimously
We will be producing a newsletter with a quarterly overview of Women Events
Delta Lake- April 19-20, 2013
Speaker- Joanne Jones
Invite Rome church
- Titus 2:3-5
- Who needs our help…let’s not wait until we are past our own difficult spot to help. Let’s help need to need.
- balance previously $380
- Elsie Hathoway Fund: $198
For the months of March, April and May Brenda VanDuser will be acting as director while Magda is on “Maternity leave”
The need of women in our Church now is fellowship
- showing Love to every woman in our Church
- We can all think of ways someone has blessed our life.
- Now it is our turn to bless someone else.
- Listening to the urgings of the Holy Spirit, follow through
In an effort to make our meetings and events more availble to all the women in the church we will be changing the meeting night to the 1st Monday of every month.
Sat Feb 25, 9:30 am
Secret Sisters from the past year will be revealed
Speaker: Beth Winans
Magda’s Baby Shower
Sat March 3, 11:30
a Luncheon to welcome to new Paashaus baby boy!
Magda is registered at Target
Movie and Fellowship
Monday March 5, 7 pm
watch Chondra Pierce dvd
snacks and fellowship
Chondra Pierce & Natalie Grant
March 23, 7 pm
Delta Lake Retreat
Contact. Pat Lamb
Speaker- Judy Cremeans
Celebrate Mother’s Day week-end with your mother, daughter, sister, or friend, invite them all.
enjoy fellowship…later enjoy Zumba, pedicure’s, manicure’s, facial’s,etc.
Be prepared to have fun..Bring snacks
Great food, dinner fri. nite at 6:00, breakfast and lunch on sat.
Everything is included with your $72.00 fee
Women of Faith — Syracuse
June 9, 10 am -5 pm
cost is $59
possible topics: Healthy cooking, cooking with Leftovers
This is to be individual projects, things God has laid upon your heart. Meeting needs and Blessing others.
Food Pantry: Bridgeport, St Francis Church
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving they will also be handing out warm clothes, hats, mittens, gloves, etc…
Devotional: Eva Boswell- Faith Hebrews 11:1
- Do not lose Hope
- Stand together in Faith Believing
- motion made by Fran Filmer to split the auction proceeds between the Sinesi’s and the Moon’s at Chambers; 2nd by Cindy Centner; motion passed
- Sue Troast and Brenda Vanduser are heading up the auction
- Laura Zindle and Bev Robinson will be the cashiers
- looking for donations of Hand crafted and New or Like-new gift items to auction
Christmas Luncheon: Sat Dec 3, 10:30 am
- theme: Carols of Christmas
We need 4 more ladies to Host and decorate a table using a Christmas Carol as a theme.
- The list of songs taken can be viewed here: http://www.kirkvillewesleyan.org/women/archives/127 or see Amy LaForte
- Invitations: Eva Boswell and Joanne Jones
- Kitchen: Pat Lamb
- menu will include soup, chicken salad, fruit….
- Sing 3 Christmas Carols- Fran Filmer accompanying on the piano
- Special Music:
- Licia Swain- solo
- Joanne Jones- Harp
- Devotional- Roberta Davis
- Shopping Day– Tues Dec 13, 5:30 pm
- meet at Wegman’s for supper than shopping at Hobby Lobby and/or Shoppingtown Mall
- Kickback PJ Party- Friday Jan 6, 6pm
- movie, etc
- Brenda Vanduser is planning this event
**There will be no regular December Meeting**
Submitted By: Amy LaForte, secretary
Devotional : Brenda Vanduser
- trials and testing
- Job 42, James 2:6-12
- view as an opportunity for growth
- He will bring us into blessing
- It was suggested to split the silent auction money between the Sinesi’s and another cause
- either the Moons at Chambers or our own 50 for 50 church dinner
- It was stated that we should stay within the Missions realm when giving out Auction moneys
- We will bring it to a vote at the next meeting
- Auction will open for preview at 10:30 am
- program from 11-1 pm
- have special music before lunch
- Christmas Caroling, Licia sing solo, Joanne play the Harp
- Devotional- Roberta Davis
The Wesleyan Woman are striving to bless others and meet needs.
Listen to the Holy Spirit, look for ways to meet needs of those around us, and bless others.
At this meeting we packed care packages for our deployed military servicemen.
Monetary donations are needed to mail packages and also to purchase gift cards for our college students.
Next Meeting will be on November 1st at 7 pm. We always meet at Church in the Green Room.
Devotion: Judy Cremeans– Ready, Set, Grow!
- 1 Peter 3:15– Be ready always
- Colossians 3:2– Set your mind on things above
- 2 Peter 3:18– But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus
Sunday Oct 9 6pm is Roberta Davis’ Ordination in Cananadaigua, several ladies are interested in going and supporting Roberta on this special day
YMWB/WKFM: Cindy Centner is the new Director; Nancy Zecher and Kathy Dunn will be her assistants
- This will take the place of Jam’N Kids on the last Sunday of the month
Ladies Retreat: Sept 16-18, Chambers Wesyleyan Camp
- Our Goal is to take 50 ladies (in honor of the 50th anniversary of the church)
- There are 24 ladies registered, 5 of them being new, first time attendees
- ** more items are needed for the Grandma’s basket for the auction**
- if anyone is in need of transportation to retreat, they can talk to Cindy, she can help find them a ride to retreat.
- reminder to be in prayer for your Sister
- send her a card to let her know you are thinking of her
What is Wesleyan Women? Where to we go from here?
- it was suggested to combine Wesleyan Women and the “Service to Others” ministry
- it seems these to ministries often overlap, the WW are the backbone Cindy depend on to accomplish the work
- Magda and Cindy will meet with Pastor to discuss the possibility
- another goal: to build relationships with the women of the church
- every women who attends our church is a “Wesleyan Woman”
- perhaps more fellowship times could be organized for ladies to get together and get to know each other better.
College and Miltary cards and care packages will be packed at the next meeting (Oct 4)
- Eva Boswell is coordinating
Christmas Luncheon– Saturday Dec 3
- Theme is Carols of Christmas; each table will be decorated with a different Christmas Carol, reflecting the true meaning of Christmas
- Contact Amy LaForte if you are interested in decorating and hosting a table
- Kitchen coordinator- Pat Lamb
- Silent Auction- Brenda VanDuser
- Laura Zindle and Bev Robinson will handle $ and checkout
submitted by: Amy LaForte, secretary
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:35 NIV
In a report from Ladies Day Apart we learned that Wesleyan Women will no longer be its own entity in the Wesleyan Church. Individual Churches and Districts are being encouraged to decided where their Women’s Ministries will go from here. Last night at our meeting we discussed it at length. We decided that Love and Blessing is what we are about. Looking for ways to love and bless in our Church and Community. The verse at the top is something of a theme verse for our group. We are urging everyone to continue to pray for direction and vision.
We will not be meeting in August due to VBS, we will have a regular meeting on Tuesday, Sept 6
Offering: Tonight our offering was given for the Seef Family– $41 cash and $50 walmart gift card.
Devotional: Magda Paashuas- Proverbs 15:15
All the days of the oppressed are wretched,
but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.
Ladies Retreat: Sept 16-18
- Cindy Centner is collecting registrations
- deadline for early registration is Aug 31
- theme for our Auction basket this year is a Baby basket; we start collecting baby items mid/late august
- it is our goal to take 50 women this year to retreat
WKFM: Cindey Centner is the new director, materials need to be ordered $36.99
Ladies Day Apart:
- we no longer have to pay dues
- after this year Wesleyan Women will be disbanded, there are officers in place for this coming year
- each Church and/or district are being encouraged to decide where their Women’s Ministry groups will go from here
Where is Welseyan Women/ Ministries going in our Church??
- More out reach/missions locally
- pray for direction
- Love and Blessings
- John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another
- One immediate opportunity is the Seef Family, the Paashaus’ family neighbors who lost their home to fire
- Magda is collecting food. money, diapers (one year old) for the family, she will let us know has other needs arise
Christmas Luncheon: Sat Dec 3
- possible themes: Christmas Past, Celebrating 50 Christmases at Kirkville, Songs/music or Christmas, Family Christmas, Decades of Christmas
- be thinking of ideas, we will choose a theme at the SEPT meeting
Next Meeting will be Tuesday Sept 6; there will be no meeting in August due to VBS
Submitted by: Amy LaForte, secretary
Opened the mtg with Prayer and Devotion. Sue Troast’s Devotion based on “Remarkable Women of the Bible” From Romans 16: 1,2 I commend to you our Sister, who is serving our Church, in Kirkville. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people…… Yes this was written about Phoebe, but could very well have written about you ladies that are serving. Praise God. Helper is someone who stands by in case of a need and willingly meets that need. Sue talked about the crown being passed on, and we see the Lord working in our midst. It was noted our balance in our Budget is 333.52. Elsie Hathaway Fund balance is 223.17. The following were reviewed: Our monetary Donations from the Prayer Partner Brunch were given to support Kidz Church bake sale for Relief efforts in Haiti. Our new Website includes Calendar and this Blog, which Donna and Brenda are able to update. We also would like to post our Minutes and news on the Bulletin Board at Church for those without use of the Internet.. Donations for the Missions include: $25 to Hephzibah, CNY WWM, Missionary Storehouse, Heart of Missions, and District operating Fund. We discussed having another Retreat at Delta Lake in April, we need to know of the interest among our ladies and who we might have as a Speaker. We discussed Having “Hospitality Teams” to serve on a Quarterly Basis in the Kitchen, setting up, serving and cleaning the Kitchen after Events sponsored by our Church. Each team would have a Leader and several ladies willing to help. We asked the question so often asked in our Churches today, How Can We Reach Other Women for Christ? We want our events to be open and welcoming to Ladies who don’t attend our Church, as well as those who do. We want Unity in the Body of Christ. We discussed having paid Child Care available during events, having an Evangelistic event where the Salvation Message is given and people are invited to accept Christ. We talked about participating in social programs to help poor, such as serving at a Soup Kitchen or Food Bank. We discussed offering some Saturday morning Topics of interest in the Fall, such as: Computer Info, Home Economy, Dealing with Stress, Health Forum, Crafts, gardening etc. We will do a Survey of these type of learning opportunities to see if there is interest in our Church Body. We believe our Church is Blessed to have adequate Teachers for these forums. These could potentially lead to a way to have more formal mentoring opportunities. James 1: 5 As we lack wisdom of our own, we ask of you God, your Wisdom . From Proverbs 16:3 We commit to the Lord whatever we do and our plans will succeed. Thank you for Your Word Oh Lord. Donna